RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DSM2 2.4Ghz modules for Futaba and JR announced
Old 02-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Mike Sieniarecki
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DSM2 2.4Ghz modules for Futaba and JR announced

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

One more note on this issue, if an FHSS system hops to a Spektrum dedicated channel for the stated 2mS, the signal will not have Spektrum’s patented Global Unique Identifier (GUID) which is required by the receiver to operate; this virtually eliminates the chance of a stray signal from interfering with the Spektrum system.
Hi Mike,

I asume in that 2ms, the Skecktrum receiver will discard the futaba signal and maintain the same servo position(s), Right? I believe this type of response is true for any other type of interferencing FHSS signals.

If 2ms is not long enough to trigger the fail-safe feature, what is the duration (in ms or sec) of interference that will trigger it?

Does the 80 channels that Spektrum uses cover the entire 2.4Ghz band (i.e., from 2400mhz to 2483.5 mhz)?

Thanks, -qc
Nonstoprc,

Correct on the first statement.

We have not tested the Futaba system, so its hard to say how theirs will perform yet.

Fail safe, at least with Spektrum systems, is based on a certain amount of data packets lost, so that time is no where near that.

Our Spektrum system is limited to 80 channels within the band.