RCU Forums - View Single Post - questions on my new renegade sport jet(australian mas)
Old 02-19-2002, 12:58 PM
SimjetAU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on my new renegade sport jet(australian mas)

I forgot to answer the questions in Blueskies post. I have JR8231 digital servos on the ailerons and flaps , JR3321 coreless on each elevator and one in the fin for rudder. The rest of the servos of course are just the standard servos. Rule number one with turbine or any model that goes pretty fast is DO NOT under rate your servo power on the main flying surfaces. Stick your hand out of the car window when doing 150mph and see how much pressure is on it and you will soon get an idea of how much push your servos have to have on anything that goes fast. The Renegade without flaps comes in like a bullet but as soon as you put the flaps down it comes in like a *****cat. Its quite disconcerting actually how slow it does go and you can get caught. If you are landing into a strong headwind be very carefull as it will bite you if it gets too slow. I smacked mine at a jet meet in 2000 and had to repair the nose on it after getting that bit too slow. Because it lands so well it can get you if you are not carefull but as I said I have only found this when landing into a 20knot headwind.