RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMPro Katana 50
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
stevosr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMPro Katana 50

I purchased the CMP Katana 50 from Ebay as my third plane. The instructions were a little to vague for me however I was able to built it OK. I do not like the spring connection of
the wing sections, the wheel spindles will not work but the plane is beautiful. I installed a Saito 82 because my flying buddy told me this plane needed it. All servos are Futaba
digital 3151's. Plane weighs 6.5lbs full of fuel. I have an onboard glow ignitor with a built in battery. The engine is turning a 14/4w APC @ 10200rpm on the ground. I have the cg at the manual recommended location and balanced the plane side to side. My problem is with its flight characteristics. My son has flown this plane two times (he is the better pilot) but
said he will never fly it again. It has TONS of power to pull the plane, rolls are so fast its a blur but when you pull it into a loop it rights itself by that I mean it falls to the right when it is upside down and you just level it out. It will not make a round loop. My son landed it smoothly on our grass field and the landing gear pulled off. I think with the wheel pants on the landing gear snaged and because it is a two piece unit it folded back. Any suggestions on how to make it fly better. I used the hardware included in kit and followed the directions. If I cannot get it to fly any better it will be for sale.

Steve