RCU Forums - View Single Post - A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
ferincr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?

Hi everybody, I'm too thinking in adopting these cells as Rx pack.
In this case is a 90 size nitro heli.
My questions are (since I'm not 100% sure about my graphics understanding capabilities)...
If I'm not wrong the above graphic shows that at 1A discharge these cells keep a voltage above 2.5V toi the very end, am I correct there???
Does that mean that they would be safe to use them for the lenght of let's say 75% of the charge without triggering the F/S on the Rx?
I never used 6V pack before (only 4.8V 4300Mah NiMh) what would happen if your 6V pack goes down to 4.9V would the system keep working as it is a 4.8V pack???
I guess that with these cell it would be impossible to get them that far (according to the discharge curve) it seems like they go from being "alive to death" pretty fast.
The other question is do you need any type of reglator to plug this pack to the receiver or would it be ok to plug it straigh in to a PCM futaba Rx?
All my servos are rated for 6V (ecxept the rudder one for which I'll need a step down to 5.3V)
I'll appreciate any help you can give me to understand all this new technology since I'm really reluctanct to experiment with my model.
Thanks again,
Fernando