RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliton AJ Extra
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
BoneDoc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton AJ Extra

I just got back from maidening (if there is such a word ) my AJX, and I'm thoroughly impressed. This is the best flying airplane I've had to date, and I've flow anything from 16 oz SA Stella, to 50cc Lanier Edge. They're not kidding when they said that this plane flies "big" due to it's low wingloading / cubic loading. KE is virtually coupling free and the wingrock is really gentle. High alpha KE is a dream, and on its 3dr flight, I've gone lower than I've ever done with my other plane, period!

My setup is the standard setup that Fliton recommends.

A30 10XL
Fliton 4S 2150
APC 13 x 6.5 E
CC Ph 45
HS 81 on ailerons and elevator, 81MG on the rudder

AUW 50-51 Oz
There's definitely a lot of "pop" with this setup, and I'm barely above 1/2 throttle most of the time. Everything comes down pretty cool except for the CC Ph 45 (I suspect from me flying at less than half throttle most of the time. If I get to full throttle more often, it'll probably come down cooler. I had some glitching issue with the ParkBEC on a full charge and full deflection, but did not notice it in flight.

If you're consider the setup with 3S / 4S, don't hesitate getting the A30 10XL. It's a wonderful on 4S as well as great on 3S. It's a great setup if you currently have 3S but wants to eventually upgrade to 4S.