RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Havoc Heli
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Suzonka, walls and ceilings cause a sort of vacuum effect and will pull the heli into them. The usual cause of spin is a hair behind the tail rotor. It makes just enough drag to mess up the flight characteristics.

Lawfree, BSD micro has a battery that is usually used in the aero aces, and similar airplanes. It is a 1 cell lipo at 100mah, I have not done this but have read about people replacing the stock battery with that one. I usually have some on hand but I'm short of them right now.

The air hogs Havoc Heli is the name that the Silverlit picco z, now picoo z, is sold under in this country. When they first came out, under the name picco z, RS and TRU had them. Another rc company(piccolo) sued silverlit to change the name. This resulted in a slow down of product because the packaging had to be changed to picoo z. It also demonstrated the appeal this heli has. If you buy a heli called the picco z, and it does not have the silverlit logo, you got a knock off. Some fly as good as or better than the original. Some don't.

Two trim tricks, I think these are posted on the picco thread, but I may have been negligent. The first is using the sewing pins with beads on them, bead forward, to help the balance. Put a pin in each winglet. This will allow you to adjust forward motion and turning balance. I hope that makes sense to you. You can add a pin in the nose as well, but check the battery location first. I think I posted pic's of the naked heli a while back. Think like the first ten pages.
another trick comes from the developer. It is called the wing axis mod, the dev goes by alexander. On the main rotor there is a steel pin that allows the rotor to rock. take a #0 phillips(small) and indent the rotor over the pin. This brings the tolerance closer to what the original was.

Lawfree, that other board is the crash sensor. If you crash hard it cuts everything off.

Tim