RCU Forums - View Single Post - rich model keecat.60 size kingcat with retracts
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Pubhi
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rich model keecat.60 size kingcat with retracts

I think i might have a defective nose retract because there is too much play in it when it is retracted or in the down position. Did you guys have the same issue? It retracts just fine and deploys just fine but the play might make it less accurate.

Otherwise, I just finished putting it all together and its all set up right now. The CG is at exactly 8.5" from the trailing edge and I didn't have to add any weight. My fuel tank is slightly forward of the CG so when I add fuel, it should shift the CG slightly forward of the current location.

Flyboy, I went ahead and did that mix that you talked about earlier and it is absolutely the coolest thing ever. I didn't even know my radio had the capability to do such things.

The only thing left to do is to buy a piece of silicone tubing so that I can divert the exhaust down though the wing. I was unable to mount my engine sideways because the included muffler was too larger and it obstructed the landing gear. So, for the time being, the muffler is on top of the wing and I have installed a gray exhaust deflector. I'm sure the fuel will still end up on everything but I can live with it for a little while.

I will go and fly it tomorrow and i'll let you guys know how it does.