RCU Forums - View Single Post - SuperTigre mid-range problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
pc55bomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SuperTigre mid-range problems?

I can't believe the amount of trouble some people are having with ST carbies.
There is NOTHING wrong with the design or there performance.
I agree with Ed, the problem lies with the user.

I use and have used ST engines, big & small, for years and have no problems whatsoever.
I am an everyday uncomplicated user, start it run it use it, I dont care for or require every last RPM I can ring out of it by using vast amounts of Nitro.
I don't even tach my motors, no need to.

Dont expect a ridiculus low idle.
Idle speed is NOT set by the Low speed needle, its set by the throttle barrel,thats what Travel adjust on your computer radio is for.
Stop using lots of nitro ITS NOT REQUIRED IN Super Tigres 5% is enough and none in the big ones (not 2300)
Set the bottom end by the Italian method....it works and its easy.
And if all else fails read the instructions.

My 2500 is used in an Extra 300, full on aerobatics, throttle is blipped all the time, hovers, flys inverted all the aerobatic manouveres and it and does not miss a beat ever. Fuel is 10% coolpower oil and 90%methanol, no pumps no tricks no tweaks no turning or touching the spray bar, nothing, just run it in properly.

If you can't get your ST to run transition and idle properly you bought the wrong engine.

I am no expert and I am not interested in the technical why's and wherefors so please stop bagging one of the best engines made and go buy something else.

Phew. ... how many times do you see issues like this at the field, wrong this, wrong that, won't work, stops, its usually the same people that have trouble with everything.
A very good example of this syndrome is the KMP ME109 thread Re the CG . Go figure......!!!

No offence intended to anyone.

Super Tigres for ever. (I also own and use OS, Saito, Enya and Magnum)

Paul

PS If your new ST is no good I'll buy it for $50.