RCU Forums - View Single Post - Piper Pawnee PA 25 - Whyte Wings
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
grappa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piper Pawnee PA 25 - Whyte Wings

Can anyone help? I just purchased a partially built Piper Pawnee PA25, 89 inch wing span. The plans show 12 -14 pounds, engine recommendation 1.08 2 stroke to 3ci gas. The only identification on the kit box is a return address sticker which has Whyte Wings, Twin Oaks Valley road, 774A, San Marcos, CA 92069. So far I have not been able to find any information about this manufacturer. I have seen Google links to sail planes designed by Whyte Wings but no address for the company. Does anyone know if Whyte wings manufactured this kit or how to contact them? Does anyone know what options would be best for a glow engine for this plane. I do not want to get into gas power. I have a OS 1.08 Bx1 engine but wonder if that would be enough power for this large plane. I'm not sure all of the kit parts are in the box, I may need a new cowl, and the construction manual does not seem complete. That is why I would like to contact the manufacturer. The Pawnee has been used to tow sail planes which may be why a sail plane manufacturer did a Pawnee kit. Thanks, grappa