RCU Forums - View Single Post - SEMPRA Race - Southern 500 March 31~April 1
Old 03-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Scorpion Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SEMPRA Race - Southern 500 March 31~April 1

To all who will be competing in 428 at the Mulberry Spring event:

The Nelson LS Q-500 Engine is legal for AMA 428 and will be allowed. My sanction only has one rules deviation listed: Class 424 will use the SEMPRA rule of 16,500 rpm limit with an APC 9x6 prop. The new LS motor is legal under AMA, NMPRA & SEMPRA, and may be used at the race. All aircraft will be inspected prior to entry for all rules compliance. Weight will be re-checked for each heat winner, prior to points entry. If a new national speed record is set, all specifications and rules compliance will be re-checked and verified for the entry. I am sure we will have a meeting of all SEMPRA members to discuss this topic, but the engine IS LEGAL for competition and will be allowed for both days, March 30 and April 1.

I hope this does not have a negative effect on the 428 pilots who attend the race. Rick and I both compete in 424, so you know I am not doing this for any personal gain. If you have any concerns, please come out and we can discuss it as a group of SEMPRA members.

With less than two weeks to race day, I hope everyone will respect the decision I have had to make, and not punish me nor the club for having to make it. I have made what I feel is the best decision; to follow the rules in effect which govern our competition.

Thanks for understanding,