RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wing-Lift Increasing Idea (Tested by me)!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Demosthenes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing-Lift Increasing Idea (Tested by me)!!!!

Airway Company(home-built aircraft)

This is a wing-lift increasing idea I have come up with a year ago. It increases the wing lift, while at the same time not increasing the surface area of the wing or any part of the airplane. The only requirement is for the wing to be at least 1 cm thick.

First, you have to make constant holes in the wings leading edge. The wholes must ranging from .3 to .5 cm in diameter. Then, you make constant holes on the upper section of the wing, located in the back of the airfoil (2/3 of airfoil's length going from the leading edge). Those wholes must be ranging from .1 to .4 cm in diameter. For better results, you might want to place an engine in a wing itself, which will suck in the air from the leading edge with it's propeller. To not just add this additional weight to the plane, make a slot in the wing's covering and install a propeller with the diameter you want. Note that the engine will still stay inside the wing. This way, maybe 60%-80% of the propeller will show out of the wing, while the rest will be inside. The part that will show out of the wing will provide the needed thrust for your airplane, while the other part will suck in the air through the leading edge holes.

As you already know, the lift is made by a difference in pressure on the upper and lower surface of the wing. Since there will be additional airspeed on the upper surface of the wing, there will be less pressure there. This yields to that there will be less resistance for the lower surface of the wing to push the wing/plane up. If you put a lot of effort in this simple but nice-working mechanism, the lift of your wing may increase even by 2 times more.

In order to make sure that none of the air gets inside the wing, you will have to install this. Buy a couple of bottles from ketchup or something else which say that they have no-mess caps, e.g. the substance can't get out of the bottle. Install those mechanisms on each of your upper wing section holes. But watch out, install them upside down, e.g. the opposite way they were installed on the bottles you have bought. Now no air will be able to get into the wing, but it will be freely able to get out.

This additional airflow will NOT disturb the original airflow over the wing. As said previously, the holes on the upper wing section will be located in the back of the wing. And we know that because of the effects of downwash, friction/pressure drag, etc. the airflow separates itself from the wing at the middle of the airfoil or so. Therefore, the original airflow will not be disturbed.

Also, the air that escapes from the holes on the upper wing section will not cause more drag or simply float away from the wing. That is because there is so-called boundary layer which flies over the wing; it is a very, very thin layer that touches the skin of the wing. This 'boundary layer' keeps all the air that flies over the wing attached to the wing's surface. Therefore, the air that escapes from the upper wing section holes will be kept on the wing and will be made use of.

Demosthenes.[>:]

P.S. To find out more about my ideas that I plan on adopting to real aircraft in a couple of years, go to:

www.freewebs.com/demosthenes01