RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recommend Parkzone Spitfire to relative beginner?
Old 04-07-2007, 03:34 PM
chipmeisterc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recommend Parkzone Spitfire to relative beginner?

Hi guys,

Just been browsing the forums for a few hours now, and thought I'd make a post,

I've always had a passion for planes, started working towards my PPL a few years back, however lost touch with it due to college/ uni. However I seem to have caught the flying bug once again.

At christmas I decided to purchase my younger brother a pretty cheapo 2 channel plane, after getting it home and testing it for myself , I found out (the hard way) that it had several manufacturing defects, including the prop pointing about 10 degrees down. After sustaining minor damage, I had to buy my bro a new one (without the defect) however I kept the other to myself took it apart, and began rebuilding it and repairing it, few days later and it was up in the sky!!.

Its a bit of a pain to keep in the air ( The throttles either on or off, and only rudder controll ) But I got it up , and seem to have mastered its pretty erratic controlls.

Now I'd like to upgrade to something with a bit more control and a bit more of a challenge so Im looking at the Parkzone Spitfire, I've been reading through the threads and seen the ups and downs of these range of warbirds and watched a few of the videos.

I've noticed a few people warn beginners away from these planes I'd like to know more specifically why they dont recommend them.

Any comments you have much apprecaited

Many thanks

Chris