RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recommend Parkzone Spitfire to relative beginner?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:41 PM
flyingace451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone recommend Parkzone Spitfire to relative beginner?

Your altitude is a more of a personal preference, but these planes can go as high as your want until they are a speck in the sky. Personally I keep my planes below the tree line simply because I like being able to see them...but if it's 3D I keep it lower than that, sometimes inches above the ground when in a hover.

The Spitfire would be the best PZ warbird to learn on, because it has the most wing area of the 3. It tends to be "floaty" which is a good thing for beginners because its stall speed is much slower than the Mustang or F190. I would recomend you get an Aerobird Challenger to introduce you to 3 channel, but of course you can learn on the Spitfire fairly easily. Just be prepared to get some repair work in, all you'd need would be some foam safe CA and actuator, and possibly some 5 minute epoxy or packing tape. All 3 of those can be bought at your local hobby shop, so if you are up to the challenge we're here to cheer you on. Once you get past the "fastness" of it (personally I don't think its fast at all...but I also think the Stryker C is kind of slower than I like so go figure) it is a pretty tame bird. Just be sure and give opposite roll input after turning, because as said before it won't roll back to straight and level on its own. You fly these planes with a bank and yank style...the more degrees of bank it has the tighter the turn can be, but you really have to ride the elevator with these because you NEED the elevator for turns.