RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setting up airplane rudder gyro
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
KingCobra2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up airplane rudder gyro

Broken:

I remain open on the subject of using Gyros on airplanes. It is just that I have been in RC planes for years and never heard of using a Gyro on airplanes until now. I have been told> Leave them to the HELIS and others told me GYROS are NOT for airplanes and won't work on airplanes[X(]. I am open to learning something new and if the gyro is a benefit to eliminating flutter and tail wag, etc. and make landings smoother, then I am willing to try it for myself. This gyro must be something that RC plane flyers took from the heli flyers. Now you can understand my earlier statements. I am surely getting educated and apologize for not knowing the gyro deal of nowadays. I would like the question answered then, that the thread starter asked. I would also like to get info on a site that sells the gyro for airplanes. Thanx for educating me on this. Scott.

ORIGINAL: Broken

To others saying loose the gyro etc.. This will not negate the need to use the rudder but will reduce the violent snaps caused by high P-factor. Some models may need this depending on engine, prop, plane, weight ground angle, gear placement, and several other factors. So before you condemn someone for using a gyro be considerate enough to ask questions.