RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Plane Runway Area Layout
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Silverwing317

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Plane Runway Area Layout

Forgive any duplication this may be. I have done several search strings to find my answers but have been able to put a good search string together to get the responses needed.

First, I am new to the RC world, I own a Hobbyzone Super Cub and only have 12 hours of flight time under my belt. I have read or skimmed every last post to the "Official Super Cub forum string and owe my gratitute to the posts. Simply due to them, I have successfully had 50+ flights, never used the ACT, and still have the same original prop, although I always gently tip forward in the 3-4" tall lawn grass. I have a beautiful bowl shaped vally area of 600' x 700' clear of trees and my lawn runs 150'x300' along one of the edges.

5 friends and I are just starting into RC planes and I see this expanding. Are there any general recommendations or typical layout for building a observer, operator and runway area? I will not be able to go to any "roadway" material surface so suggestions about grass height, or dirt runway is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Steve