RCU Forums - View Single Post - Death of a Model Plane aka Patty Wagstaff
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Death of a Patty Wagstaff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
So how long was he crying for? No need for a transcript,I'm sure I know what he said......"Awwww SH** FU**DA**BIT**!!!" As bad as you feel for guys that crash these $2000-$7000 planes,in the back of your head when it's happening your like; please crash.....please crash.

Did not cry at all.I actually fueled up my 60 size Hanger 9 Ultra Stick
and flew the heck out of it.You really can't get upset/mad about it because sooner or later you WILL crash.It is part of flying,although not a good part of it.The plane will be rebuilt.If it comes out rebuilt ok,I will fly the heck out of it too.If not,I can get a fuselage for $140.00.Then I will fly the heck out of it also.I figured out why the plane engine shut off.Pilot error.I thought I had turn my smoke system switch off to land,but I actually flipped the choke switch.Therefore it shut the engine off.
I have the choke and smoke switches on left side of the radio(Futaba 9C).
Smoke switch is on top of radio,choke switch is on front of radio.After rebuild choke switch will be on right side of radio.9C radio lets you assign
switches to what you want.Yes,it upsets me I crashed/broke(whatever you call it)but I do not dwell on it.Pick up the "broken pieces" and move on(or in my case,rebuild).

Roy