RCU Forums - View Single Post - Step by Step Procedure on How to Dismantle an Engine
Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 PM
SManMTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Step by Step Procedure on How to Dismantle an Engine

ORIGINAL: foxy42

ORIGINAL: zaintlouis

Sman is right.....

EASY AS PIE

Anyway if theres anyone who still needs further explanation, pls don't hesitate to ask or pm me.

My advice in removing the screws specially on the cylinder head.

Use the proper tools or don't use any under size philips or screwdrivers when you start to unscrew or that would destroy the screw head whether philips or hexheads etc. The width of the screwdriver should be atleast equal or as big as the circumference of the screw head. Trust me.
Why are you posting as two different users...requesting advice then offering it...furthermore, I've never seen an engine with philips head screws holding the head on (If I did, I wouldn't touch it with a long stick), and I would think that even a ten year old would know not to use the wrong size tools to dismantle an engine. "At least equal or as big as the circumference of the screw head???", what, the handle? The shaft? A shaft can be any thickness and have the correct head to undo a screw with a head of much larger diameter. There's no rule about this. I don't think you know what you're talking about, which is why I've edited my posts and I'm getting out of this thread. No offense intended, I just don't think it's gonna be useful for me.

I wonder the same thing.