RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale AG WAGON ARF next from RCGUYS???
Old 04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Scale AG WAGON ARF next from RCGUYS???

Saturday I was scanning the Toledo pictures when I saw the new 98" span Super Decathlon from RCGUYS. I just couldn't resist and had to pull the trigger this morning.
I called RCGUYS and talked with Dan Speers to place the order.......he said the first shipment is 126 planes and half are sold as of today. Wow, that was fast and it looks like the entire shipment will probably be spoken for soon. If you haven't seen it, you really ought to take a look and if you like it, don't wait to order if you want to get your hands on one.
Dan was taking an informal survey of what ARF plane RCGUYS should bring out next so I got to give my opinion on the subject. I told him I was wishing for a scale Ag Plane. May be something like a Piper Pawnee or a Cessna Ag Wagon............and man was I surprised when he said that was one of the subjects they were considering.....they actually have the preliminary work done on a Ag Wagon. I think that would be totally cool and its a classic airframe you just don't see produced in the ARF world.....at least not in recent history. He said they are also considering a Super Chipmunk ARF. I like Chipmunks but in my book the Ag Wagon would be a slam dunk. If done right, and I'm sure they would, the 1/4 scale Ag Wagon would be a head turner on the ground and in the air.

Take the time to give your opinion here in this thread. We could be the force that influenced the next great ARF from the RCGUYS............I'm sure Dan will figure out he should look here before the decision of which airframe to produce is final.........and give some wing span preferences so he knows if 1/4 scale is in the ball park.....