RCU Forums - View Single Post - Show us your Beaver!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 AM
beaver180
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show us your Beaver!

Hey there War Birdman... Paul from New Zealand here. Got myself the yellow, white and blue KMP Beaver. Just been checking through some of the threads and thought I'd ask you about some of the mods you may have done to yours.
1, Not a real biggie, but can I paint over the covering? Thinking of making mine a Warbird as the Australian Airforce had one with floats. So I'd like to paint it all green or silver.
2, Don't like the wire land based u/c, do you know of any good scale type remidies here?
3, Did you use the factory fuse servo mounts and control rods? Thinking of running SIG type golden rod down the bottom of the fuse and getting the control surface attachments to the inside ( not showing ).
4, Have you beefed up the fuslage from the tail forward to the former at the rear of the main wing ( just asking as this is my first glass one ), extra expoxy around anything?
5, Did you apply any further strengthning the firewall? Like fully epoxy the gaps on the inside

Oh my elevators have a 1/2 inch gap between them and the fuse, and like wise with the Flaps... did yours too? and have you fixed that?

Sorry for the heap of questions ( don't have anyone here locally that knows )
Thanks, Paul