RCU Forums - View Single Post - I've joined the "Dark Side" II
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
donhef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've joined the "Dark Side" II

I posted this in the Electric forum last evening and so far have gotten nothing back from those Folks. Do you suppose that I "offended" them when I said I turned? (I'm usually a Glow Flyer). You be the Judge....

"Well, I finally did it. After my Club has gotten permission to use the local park for an electric flying field, I started to work on a scratch built electric flyer. I never got past making the wings, I'm sorry to say, but since I am a "Glow-man" and was building a 60 Aeromaster, I didn't give it much more thought.

Well, I went to Toledo and saw all sorts of new and exciting things, a lot of eletric planes and accessories, and decided to start looking seriously into getting something to fly at the local field, or just take to work. I picked up a free copy of Backyard Flyer at Toledo and was riffling through the pages and found the write up on the new Hobby Lobby Bellanca Decathlon 480 RTF.The report and the price sold me, and I ordered one, along with the optional aileron servo. Now I'm looking forward to flying again, both Glow and Electric. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a boondoggle.

Has anyone else had any experience with this particular RTF? Also, if I want to up the power, how would I do that? Remember, I'm a total Newbie to eletrics, but can fly my Avistars along with my Graduate pretty good. Thanks for the input all! "

Don