RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Planes
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Planes

Although I sincerely hope your stuff is returned, I would like to relate something here that happened awile back at our club. We had a man who was always showing up at our field and some of the local swapmeets with stuff to sell. Engimes, radios, whole aircraft of all shapes and sizes. Always in very good condition and always reasonably priced. Some very good deals too. Now, I never bought from this man because I personally didn't like him. Won't go into the reasons here other than to say it wasn't because I thought anything was stolen. He was always saying that he did alot of trading on the net to get these thing and that was how he supported his hobby. One night we were having our monthly meeting at the field, and he shows up with a large warbird, gas powered, that he had just aquired. He was preparing to fly it when he found out that there was a meeting that night and he immediately decided to leave without flying. Someone managed to convince him to fly anyway, and he completed a decent flight. Unknown to me at the time, someone recognized the aircraft as having been reported stolen on this forum. We eventualyy found out that this guy was going all over the east end of the country stealing stuff, repainting or recovering it and selling it everywhere. He had even been caught at joe nall stealing out of someones trailer and had done time over it. He is currently paying his debt to soc. in Mich. and has charges pending in another state when he gets out. My point is to also look for someone who is listing a lot of seperate items that when add together equal a list of the stuff stolen from you. And be aware that your planes may have had their appearances altered to aviod them being recognized. Every time I hear about something like this I get angry that people could do this to each other. If such a theft happened to me I would be out of the hobbie. At least for a few years.