RCU Forums - View Single Post - ultra sport 60/Kaos
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ultra sport 60/Kaos

ORIGINAL: 8178

I’ve never cared much for the looks of the Ultra Sport 40/60 fuselage, but I think it is great news that they have brought them back and they can be so easily be built as a Tower version of the Super Kaos. I expect a lot of folks are getting bored snapping together poor quality ARFs and are looking for kits to build that are more interesting. It would be a smart move on Tower’s part to advertise that the US kit can easily be built as a Kaos.
I still have my ultra-sport 60. I think it is about 16 years old now. Have not flown it in about 5-6 years. Maybe time to dust it off, and replace the cracked canopy (I did get as far as buying a replacement canopy). I think last time I flew it in Atlanta, I finally wore through the tread on the nosewheel ----- it got a flat !

Always a good flying machine. My only flying complaint was on outside looping manuvers.... as compaired to the super kaos ... the US 60 has a tendency to 'blank out' the veritical fin in outside loops - in other words the vertical fin and rudder become less effective, and direction control sometimes suffers. From what I have been able to determine, the larger canopy and turtle deck cause the issue. Nothing critical, just something noted as a difference between the two planes.

But it is a very enjoyable flying plane. Great for everything from just practice pattern to fun flys.

Bob