RCU Forums - View Single Post - That's it, I'm selling, I'm sick of the cp pro.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:07 PM
bilboa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That's it, I'm selling, I hate the cp pro.

ORIGINAL: Pearl_414

Hi Gents,

Xeos and Yoda, I wouldn't doubt the T-Rex has a better setup, but I just dont like the idea of a belt drive and having to autorotate. I would rather have a motor that more then likely will keep running and allow me to land my heli safely, insted of having to really risk crashing my heli. Either way, I think they are both great heli's for what they are worth. Happy Hovering!

Pearl
Sorry to say, but I think you have it backward. It's true that belt tails can fail in flight, but if you spend some time reading around on forums, you'll find that motor tail helis have tail rotor failures in flight much more often. In fact it's not a matter of "if" but "when". A stock BCPP tail motor will typically last for about 4 or 5 hours, assuming no damage from crashes or hitting the tail rotor on the ground. So unless you track flight time and preemptively replace tail motors you're pretty much guaranted tail rotor failures occasionally with a motor tail. The advantage of them, and why they're used on inexpensive micro helis, is because they're cheap and easy to setup compared to other solutions.