RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another 48" woody build
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
mmurray70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another 48" woody build

I used 1/8th plywood for the deck that I had left over from the rest of the boat. I have the deck on now, it defenatly wasnt going on in one piece. I managed ok with it in two pieces although it was still a little trickier then I thought it would be. The edges of the deck are still overlapping a little now (didnt want to try trimming them until the glue was cured, but it seems like its a decent looking shape overall. I've got at least 1 and a half pool noodles in there. I bought two and aside from a few scrap parts that I cut on angles, I got it all in there. The foam made a good support for the bottom of my tank too (thanks for the idea mart!). That should be plenty floation right? I'll post up some pics once I get the edges trimmed. I'm back in school now though so the build may slow down a little.

So what do I do now? I should have the engine very soon. I guess I need the engine before mounting the stuffing tube right? I picked up a steel brake line to use as a stuffing tube, will this be ok? I plan on having a grease nipple on there too. Should I fiberglass the tube in permenantly or should I fiberglass in a sleeve that the tube fits into so it can be removed? Could you guys post up some pics of your stuffing tube setups?