RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Beaufighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Hi guy's, this is my first post - so here goes!

I've just taken delivery of my PZ Spit, and I'm hoping to maiden her this weekend (wind permitting!!). I was just wondering whether anyone has any pearls of wisdom that I should know about before I fly her.

To give you some background - I've been flying a HZ Super Cub at every oportunity for about 5 months, and feel I have pretty much reached the limits of what I can learn from it. I'm by no means bored with it - it's a fantastic trainer, and did it's job very well - but I feel I'm ready for something a bit more challenging. I chose the Spit for 2 reasons; 1 - my granfather used to fly them in the late 40's, and I just love the sight of that eliptical wing in the air - nostalgia and all that!; and 2 - from hours of reading reviews and discussions on many forums, it seems that the PZ Spit is a good starting point for pilots of my level who are looking to advance a little.

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone has - it would be great to arrive home after the maiden with the plane still in one piece!

Everyone on this forum seems really helpful - hence I joined this one and not one of the many others!

Thanks in advance, and look forward to speaking with you all!