RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Beaufighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Thanks again Oz, and also thanks to you heartofmadnes.

I actually maidened her this morning! - Disaster!!! My own fault for under-estimating how much room needed to fly this plane, and not enough altitude.

Launch went well - a little right aileron needed to steady her - but not as much as I was expecting. Before I knew it, the plane was 100yds away, so I made a left turn and brought her back around. On the way back, she flew beautifully - I added a small amount of up elevator trim, and she climbed very gently. Put her in to another left turn - and that's where it all went wrong!! A little to much stick input from me and she rolled too far and headed toward the deck at an alarming rate! The rest is far too ugly to describe!! I'm now the proud owner of a pile of camoflaged foam! The wing broke in two, and I only have half a fuse - I would have needed a vacuum to pick up the other half! I think the electrics are salvagable, but nothing else!

I'm trying to stay pretty philosophical about it though - I suppose crashes are going to happen! I'm gonna have to put it down as a lesson learned!

In answer to your question heartofmadnes - I've seen on another forum that someone fitted the BL motor from the PZ Typhoon, and that it's possible to plug a BL ESC directly into the stock RX. Not sure where I saw it, but if I can find it - I'll post the link.
Seemed fairly straight forward with just slight mod needed to bring the motor mount forward.

Thanks again guy's!