RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Beaufighter,

Read you maiden flight and just had to add something to emphasis.

Having only recently started the sport myself with a too advanced plane (my Xmas present) that lasted 7 seconds on Boxing day to taking a step back to the beginners (HZ Supercub) and a simulator. Just when you thought you'd cracked it and step up to the plate again with your more advanced brand new pride and joy (Ultrafly Phantom) to see it reduced to a pile of bits in a matter of seconds is totally soul destroying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did go down to a club recently for my 1st time and one thing I really noticed - especially with the lesser experienced - they seemed to be flying ridiculously high and at least double probably treble the height I was and since then it's saved me from at least 2 / 3 major disasters which I know would have ended in a completely trashed plane. Also their air speed was low in comparison.
It's not just the time factor which we all know happens in an instance leaving you with that what the hell happened feeling, it's the knowing that you have that time that allows you to stand back from it with a calmer mind and correct it without going into a blind panic.
Good luck with whatever your next purchase is but sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone, I think this is the most amasing hobby ever and I'd love to soend every waking minute flying but the flip side it's also the most frustrating with loads of downtime especially at the start !!!!!!!!!