RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Beaufighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Hi Witterings, thanks for the post - the moral support is much appreciated, and it's nice to know someone else has done similar!

The biggest mistake I made was selecting a flying field that was far too small for the plane. Because of this, I had to start manouvering the plane much sooner, and at much lower altitude than I would have liked - this became apparent very shortly after launch - a bit late really! As I said in my earlier post - I'll have to put it down to experience and a lesson learned!!

I haven't given up on the Spit though - I have a replacement airframe on order - the electrics are salvagable from the wreck, so will have it re-built as soon as possible. I must say that the 20 or so seconds that the plane was in the air were amazing - it's a beautiful plane and looks fantastic - let's hope I can preserve the good looks of the next one!

P.S. I have to agree with what you said about this hobby - it is amazing! I'm looking forward to many years of flying - and no doubt a few more wreck's along the way!!