RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
papajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B

ORIGINAL: newjak

Thanks for the update! As you can see I am keeping a close eye on your progress. I know you stated that the fuse is sturdy , but how about the landing gear support in particular? I have and Eflite MUS and a minipulse XT and they are both week in this area.. Thanks in advance.
Hey, good, I really need somone to keep an eye on me cause "OLD DINOSAURS" are sometimes a little off base! Now, to answer your question,
let me tell you that the internal support structure to secure the main gear legs to, is well done and very sturdy. Also, the pre-bent metal rod type nose gear looks very sturdy. I might add that I really was surprised to find that the fuselage was basically constructed wih balsa sheeting. as
I had expected to see the typical lightening holes and girder type of construction. But, as I reflected upon it (I do that sometimes) this was an
excellent design as the fuselage is long and narrow, yet the wings are thin and long (63") which puts the stress directly on the rigid fuselage and the carbon wing rod. Pretty neat, huh???