RCU Forums - View Single Post - flying by the seat of my pants!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
icyuod2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: flying by the seat of my pants!

i added lights to my boat on a seperate system and hid a toggle switch under the dash. there powered by 2 rechargable aaa's. it never occured to me they could be connect to the reciever.

still not sure what i'm gonna mount the front lights in, or how i'm gonna go about turning the white led green (couldn't find a green one).

building the steamship is gonna be fun! what other sorts of radio controls do peeps put on thier boats?

i went down to see a guy here intown that sells rc boats (racing) he's got a brand new radio with 2 servo's,reciever, and a batt clip that holds 4 aa batteries for $50 canadian (2005 model).
he said it was a decent radio just a couple years old. i'm thinking about making the purchase for this boat and getting a second for the steam boat. $50 i figure i cant go wrong.

i have a couple question about the set up. i'm very limited for space. i'm gonna purchase the smallest battery and speed control possible. now the system does have the 4 aa batt's and this is what puzzles me. i assume this pack is for use with a gas motor to supply electricty to the servo's/reciever. i'm gonna be running an electric motor.

can i run an 8 watt motor and servo's from the 4 rechargable batteries? (assuming play time is limited) keep inmind this is only a 13" boat. other than in the pool, i dont think it will get much playtime. i'll be moving on to bigger and better real soon.
if i purchased a rechargable battery pack, could i run both the reciever and electric motor from it? or will i have to run the 4 aa batteries for the reciever and an additional pack for the motor? if i can run both from one pack, how do i go about matching up the correct power for both reciever and motor? will both have to be the same wattage?

thanks again.