RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN WARRANTY/SERVICE
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 PM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN WARRANTY/SERVICE

I have been reading all this crap about CEN GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and was compelled to write this.Lets start by saying I have been in this for more than 6 years and have 5 trucks.I have a new cen MT SPEC and had overheating issues from the start and Im not a rookie that doesnt know how to tune.I narrowed it down to an airleak,but wasnt going to tear it down and fix myself.Isnt that what warranty coverage is for?This thing would overheat chugging rich on 20%.So I decided to pack it up and follow instructions for warranty claim.CEN emailed me back saying they refuse to replace/repair my engine.They tried to make me look like a dum rookie who doesnt know anything about this hobby,like a newbie.I have replaced the engine with an O.S.CV-RX.18 and guess what?NO MORE OVERHEATING.Nor does any of mt other 4 trucks have heating issues.After CEN pissed me off,I did some research on the net and found that I am not the only one with CEN overheating issues. The problem is more wide spread than I thought.I could have dealt with the crappy engine but this refusal to warranty coverage is a terrible thing.Their attitude twoards me was like a slap in the face.One of the worst experiences since Ive been into nitro rc.