RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics

Hay Terry,
I will agree that Jack is a sweet guy to work with, but I have also worked with Bob and he has been just as great with me. I have several cards for my Stylus, and it is a great Tx-I just wish some one would publish a "complete idiots guide" to programing the Tx. I have no real knowldge of the 2.4Ghz gear...and I am very happy with how my gear works now.

My issues with Global were back in 2003 and an ARF Global Skyraider that folded a wing on me in flight. It was the first flight on the model and I assembled the model right, with this being the second Global Skyraider I bought from them. The wing failed on the second model, because there was no glue on the wing ribs or on the spar. I sent pictures of the model built, pictures of the wing, and sent them parts of the wing to show them how and why the wing failed. This was the second Skyraider I had built from them, with the first one crashing do to a high speed stall, low level (the wing would high speed snap on you, in a heart beat if you were not careful and the model also had a hard stall if you got to slow). I love the Skyraider, flew with them during the war and Global has been the only company to ever bring a kit or ARF out on the market, of the Skyraider. I never heard from Global, even with several phone calls to them...so that was the last dollar I spent with Global. This was also the first ARF I ever bought and flew...for until then, I always kit built my models. I now build, modify, and fly ARF's...more then I build from kits. I love building and modifing ARF's, for I can build and modify a Chinese ARF cheaper then buying and building from a kit.

I have no idea how Global handles their engines, for I do not run Magnum engines or 4-strokes. I fly K&B engines usually and the smaller OS .10's...all two strokes. If you state that Global has great customer service with their engines...I'll believe you.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui