RCU Forums - View Single Post - MRC/ACADEMY SBV2 "Pro"
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Davey G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MRC/ACADEMY SBV2 "Pro"

Hey Guys!!

The MRC/ACADEMY stuff has become way easier to get this past year. Bigger online accounts like Stormer Hobbies, A-main Hobbies, are all carrying our stuff. We are speaking with other BIG online accounts as well that are very interested in stocking our full like of goods. More and more shops are also carrying our items.

The V2 Pro is really starting to make MRC look like a real race company. Trust me we are not done with the coming out with "TRUE RACE CARS", we have something in the works and its not your typical ACADEMY type vehicle, we are very very excited about this project and I look forward to dropping more hints as we get closer.

Regarding the TRUGGY conversion, it takes a decent amount of the RT4 GP Pro Spec parts and a little filing to get the parts to fit. The toughest part is stretching the chassis to a truck length.

List of Parts for Truggy:

1 98RG 002 RT4 GP Pro Spec Front Arms
1 98RG 003 RT4 GP Pro Spec Rear Arms
1 98ST 03 RT4 GP Pro Spec front and rear hub carrier
1 98RG T004F RT4 GP Pro Spec front universal drive shafts
1 98RG T004R RT4 GP Pro Spec rear universal drive shafts
1 98RG T011 RT4 GP Pro Spec front pro shock set
1 98RG T016 70mm turnbuckle
1 98GRT 4 65mm turnbuckle
1 98WT 14 A 52mm turnbuckle
1 98ST T05 RT4 GP Pro Spec Aluminum wheel hub
1 98V 002 V2 Rear shock tower

I think everything is pretty self explanatory. If you already have a v2 Pro then you will leave the rear shocks and rear shock tower stock but the front you will now mount a rear tower on the front of the buggy and use the Pro Spec front shock set up front. Other then that eveything is pretty straightforward. Feel free to give me a buzz if you need any help.