RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Fantastiko13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spit - any pre-maiden advice?

Wow, I am very sorry to hear about that unfortunate incident with your spitfire. Mine lasted 6 flights until I accidentally crashed into the roof of an office building. I had 3 beautiful flights yesterday and on my fourth, a nasty gust of wind was all it took to screw up my afternoon. Please dont feel too bad, I have been flying for 20 yrs and dont know a thing about electric flight only glow. I picked up the spit as a plane to have in the trunk of the car and fly anywhere. It did just that for its first flights and I was actually quite surprised at how well it flew. Unfortunately, the mistake was mine, the conditions were not favorable for flying and I was just stubborn to put in one more flight. I ordered a replacement airframe from Horizon Hobby today.
A funny thing during all of this is when my plane drifted onto the roof of the office building, I saw it crash and could not tell at the time if it was on the roof or maybe it had fallen behing the building. After circling the building I pulled on the sticks to see if maybe I could sort of tell the location by hearing the servos. I found it! and it was definately on the roof! Nobody in the building. I gave it throttle and could hear it hitting something! haha, and to my surprise, it started flying!!!! I was able to put it down near me, only to find the motor mount was cracked as well as the internal plastic frame! Damn! I felt like a pouty kid! hehe. The hobby shops around here dont carry the parts for the spit yet so i ordered a replacement airframe from horizon. Please know that the aircraft's flying characteristics are beautiful, very scale aerobatics (even graceful at half throttle). wind has to be very calm though, making it very hard for those who get very desperate to fly! a lesson i can rest assured i learned well. [&o]