RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Thread for X1 CRT .5 Truggy
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 AM
HYPA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Thread for X1 CRT .5 Truggy

ORIGINAL: rcmxsports

I'm kinda new to this mini servo thing I have my big buggys and the RTR kyosho 09 half 8 but that was ready to go with servos but I'm now starting a Ofna 1/16 scale CRT .5 build and was wondering where and what servos to use. I would like something that won't rape my pocket book and make me feel cheap in the morning LOL just some decent servos. What speeds and what torqe ratings are normaly suggested for these little guys ???

I'm thinking of doing the pro kit then get either a JLR .12 Red dot they run about $175.00 or maybe a OS .18 but what are some of the best motor choices? I would rather build my own buggy starting with the pro kit I have heard too many wierd stories from Ofna one guy says the motor is a 3 port .12 the next says it is a 7 port .12 I here from my LHS that you can get either then next I here they only sent out a certain amount of the first cars with the 3 port which is suppossed to be a better motor than the 7 port but I want to avoid all that hoopla and choose my own power plant any suggestions on motors and where to get good prices on them.

And how does that OS .18 fit in is it a drop in or a hack in? and do you really need that much power in that small of a truck?

By the way I think this CRT .5 is one of the best little nitros to come along I kick my self in the butt for buying the Kyosho .09 ANYBODY WANT TO BUY A KYOSHO NITRO 09 RTR CHEAP?????

Any help would be great.

PS. I will be using my Spectrum DX2 TX & RX

Go to www.nitrohouse.com and search for crt.5 as they have the manual in PDF format. The manual states what servo's can be used and then it's up to you to decide what you want to get.

Any .12 to .18 motor with a slide carb, rear exhaust and sg shaft will work. A friend of mine put an OS .18TZ in his and it fit straight in. However, the stock gearing restricts the top end a fair bit so my suggestion would be to do some experimenting. I have an OS Speed .12TZ in mine and it rips. Any hot .12 will be more than enough for this little truggy, I would recommend the OS .12TZ or a Novarossi engine if you can afford one.

Hope this helps mate.