RCU Forums - View Single Post - I did it! the lightest 56cc engine around
Old 03-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it! the lightest 56cc engine around

I guess the cost depends on if you have access to a mill, heavy duty grinder and a few metal-removal tools that cost a good bit. . .then if you buy an Echo 50cc motor brand new, you have to factor that cost in also. conversion "kits" (such as those from Carr and B&B) go for about $60-125, depending on options, and adding a C&H ignition is another $100 or so.

Soo. . with a "kit" and ignition, and the cost of the motor itself. . how much do you have invested? 100+125+125 (or so, for the motor) is $350.

Now, if you just happen to have the motor laying around (where DID it come from???).. and an ignition falls out of a tree at your feet, AND you happen to work at, or have access to, a machine shop (where your time costs very little to YOU), I'm sure you can build one pretty cheaply, although I doubt anyone would buy this 56cc engine for its apearance, and if comparing it to a Da, BME, Brison, or Taurus for power, its a bit short in that category. Soo. . is it a marketable commodity? Could you sell it for $150 profit if you had to buy a bunch of them and modify them?

Not really a very accurate comparison of cost, is it?