RCU Forums - View Single Post - An Ocean-worthy vessel
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 11:24 PM
g0831

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Ocean-worthy vessel

Hello folks,
I'll be heading to Florida on vacation in a few weeks. I'm usually a car or helicopter person, but I'm thinking that now would be a good time to get a boat for some fun. I'd like to find something that I can take in the ocean. Maybe a little jetski type vehicle, gotta be completely waterproof of course. The waves aren't huge, but I'm sure it will get soaked.

My cousin just got an RC surfer. Looks like a Ken doll standing on top of a 14" long board. Little propeller in the back, and a rudder. Says its ocean-worthy, and I think it'll be a blast. I'd like to have something to chase it with.

Failing a boat, I was thinking about some kind of submarine to use in the pool.

I've looked around online but haven't found anything that lists "ocean" as one of its possible terrains. Any of the subs that I've found have bad reviews and seem prone to leaking after just a few minutes of use.

I'd like to stay under $50. I'll be using this for part of the week, then it will go in the closet for a year. So I don't want to spend a lot on it.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that anyone has to offer. Thanks for your help.