RCU Forums - View Single Post - not engage engine?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: not engage engine?

Glad to hear the the bellbuddy worked out well for you..

Yeah, thats why it's always a good idea to go thru a new vehicle to check everything to be sure it was assembled properly, before you run it in(break it in). Thats one of the most misunderstood concepts about Ready To Run rc kits. The factories assemble these trucks as a means of bringing in more people who before would not buy one because of the pain in the A__ it is having to buy other components to get it to run. So the factory assembles it, rather quickly and with unskilled labor, so things get missed and misassembled. Some manufacturers do try to warn the buyers to check all screws and alignments before run in. The problem is there is usually just a single paragraph in the manual about this important step, so it gets missed very often!! Well these people get very disappointed or downright upset when something fails or falls off the first time they run the vehicle..thinking the manufacturer says it ready to run, then think it is a defect. But the concept of ready to run only means they are providing you with all of the equipement and parts to get running. The engine, radio and servos ect.. Back in the day when you bought a kit you got just the kit. You had to assemble the rolling chassis, then buy a motor (weather it was electric or nitro) a radio and servos. Some kits you even had to buy the tires and bodies separate. So fast forward to today and now you have all of the parts you need to get running. I just wish the manufacturers would be a bit more vocal about this important concept. I personally intend to attempt to bring this simple oversight to light..

Now there are a few such as yourself who have grasped the idea that these vehicles will and do fail, so its just apart of the hobby. Thats great!! It makes my job easier to explain the concept of ready to run and what it truely means.. But you will need to understand that the settings and meshing is NOT set perfect from the factory and WE the hobbyist needs to be vigialant and take the extra time to be sure all is well and adjusted and aligned.

Anyway, enough of the lecture, I hope just 1 more person learns something from my rant.

BTW good job on your repair!!!

And most of all Have fun!!!

EDIT ADD:Thank you for the praises JeffyB, just one "Hobbyist Helping Another Hobbyist"