RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW TO BOATING , I HAVE QUESTIONS
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 AM
FlyinFinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW TO BOATING , I HAVE QUESTIONS

Well, I'll take a shot at your questions. I just got into boating about 6 months ago. There are a few options for retrieving your boat if it conks-out on the water. First, if it is close to shore, you can use a push-button reel on a short, stout fishing rod with say, 12 pound line and a tennis ball attached to loop your boat. This might work best if you have some sort of hook protruding from the boat. Second, and most common, is a retrieval boat that you can get in and go get your boat such as a row boat or raft. Lastly, is the remote control retrieval boat. This is something that I would like to build and could add another dimension of fun to your model boating experience. As for the mess, well, nitro can get a bit messy, but only during cleaning and oiling procedure to preserve you motor and flex shaft. My recommendation would be to get a gas boat, such as an Insane or Lazer 45 monhull. If you like speed, then these will give it to you and these boats, once tuned, are less fussy than nitro boats. If you really want no mess, then go electric. The way that electric technology is improving, these boats are going as fast or faster than nitro boats. So, good luck in your quest, I hope you catch the bug of model boating model boat racing like I have!