RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ritch's Brew Bad Experience
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 AM
ICE 32 ICEMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ritch's Brew Bad Experience

Gunga,
I met "Red" Ritch when I moved to the Houston area in 1974. His son Randy was pretty much in diapers. I bought fuel from his Dad back then and now that Randy has taken over the business about 8-10 years ago, the company is in the best shape ever. His operation is modern. His mixing process is computerized and top rate. His business practice is impeccable. I have no reason to doubt that something has slipped through the cracks somehow but I wonder a few things about this particular instance. I have heard the story of how things were a little different at Toledo this year. The fire marshal there in Toledo told all fuel vendors that they were not to dispense fuel off the show floor. I don't know if you were the gentleman involved in this instance but a case of fuel was paid for on the floor and then was picked up from out back of the arena by the customer. In this case the customer got his own fuel and left. He later called Ritch's Brew to say he had been given the wrong fuel and if I'm not mistaken, was given orders to dump the bad fuel, give it away, etc. I don't really know what was "bad" about the fuel other than it might not have been the type or percent nitro fuel the customer was wanting. He was offered a new case with free shipping. (I'm thinking somewhere around 100 dollar value on this) I'm the one that prepared another case of what I was told to re-send to the customer. I wasn't involved with labeling or addressing or general accounting procedures but I do know that this customer was offered this replacement case free of charge. I email Randy and help him out in his business every so often as any friend of his family would do. He's pretty easy to get a hold of on the phone too. If I have offended you or ticked you off in any way I'll be most happy to slit my wrists and jump off a cliff at the time of your choosing...... BUT! Behind the scenes, I think I tried to accommodate this customer (if it was you) in every professional way I could. Now....... If Ritch's Brew fuel is so horrible, I'll make it up to you. If you land long and dead stick any time in the next five years I'll go fetch it for you. If you snap your fingers, I'll appear from out of nowhere and tune your needle valve. If you dumb-thumb it in to terra-firma in the future, I'll bag it up, take it home and repair it for absolutely nothing and deliver it back to the flight line at the time of your choosing. OH WAIT A MINUTE! I won't be able to do any of this! My blood pressure is fading due to my slit wrists! I'm packing on a little humor here to tell you I'm truly sorry for your mis-adventure. How about calling this one a day and putting it to rest. And if we are lucky to gain your trust again, call us and we'll get the next order to your liking or so help me, I'm coming to your shop to do all your sanding, glassing and painting for the next ten years! (Gotta get my blood pressure up first)
ICEMAN