RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vario Bell 230 trying to blow apart...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vario Bell 230 trying to blow apart...

hi mate.
i have vario scale helis and have had a similar problem in the past too. the heli was/is an airwolf from vario.
im assuming you have enough knowledge to have set the heli and tracking/ballancing ect properly so ill skip the obvious.

in my case at least i can say the problem was the tuned pipe vibrating inside the fuselage..it took me a few flights to find this out. meaning i would try it then the problem would show its self and i would take it home ,work on it then fly it then take it home to try another alteration, then i knowticed the exhaust pipe could wobble at the end if i pushed it even though it was already quite stiff becuase of the nylon manerfold joiner which holds it already .when though i made the exhaust even more secure i haven't had this problem.

so to cure this problem i secured the end of the exhaust pipe so that it could not wobble. without the pipe secured it would fly fine until i descended the heli reasonably fast and this would make the heli to vibrate so bad that it really looked like it would blowup or shake itself violently to pieces.it was very scary.