RCU Forums - View Single Post - nirvana II tips and tuning guide
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
dandelave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nirvana II tips and tuning guide

We now have 64 boats at our club [link=http://www.fleetracing.net/index.cfm?fleet_id=19]ABYC.ORG (fleets)[/link]. It is quite an experience trying to keep up with the problems. We are doing everything wrong, sailing in salt water may be the main one. You could ask what has failed...my response is what has not? Switches went out early. Many people are now just soldered around the switch and turn the boat of by taking batteries out. Servos twitching because of receiver or servo circuit board. losing hatches because they fly off if someone has not secured them someway. I have just replaced my sheets with spectra fishing leader, it is strong and runs through everything nicely. Make sure your antenna does not even rub up against any metal. Many people fixed some of their problems that way. If you are in doubt about electronics on the boat try brand new batteries first, they do not last 6 hours in the boat.

I am now on the lookout for a 2.4 Ghz system because we are about 4 boats on each channel overlapped and having some issues on Friday evening sails. There are at less 10 people that would buy them now. Does anyone know if a 2.4 Ghz is the same for air or ground? It would be nice for one to do all. The AMYA mentions that any and all 2.4 Ghz radios are okay for boat use.

Later,
Dan