RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vario Bell 230 trying to blow apart...
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vario Bell 230 trying to blow apart...

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

The muffler is well fixed and if it was not it the muffler vibration it self would not had enough power to shake the heli that way
hi again,

if your muffler is secure then it must be something else ofcause,
but if its not secure at the end then dont discount the muffler it realy can shake i very violently. if your mulfer hasnt got something on or near the end of the pipe then what i think was happening in my case was the nylon would get hot and soften up, plus the engine exhaust pulses and resonance from the main blades ect would make the pipe on my heli vibrate very violently and this made the body of the heli vibrate very violently too.it was very scary, it looked like it would blow up... ouch,,lol

i could some times fly for a few minutes without any problem ( no vibration) but once it started to shake violently there wasn't any thing i could do to stop it except land. once i found out the muffler could be the cause and repaired it i havent had the problem since..it was aprox a year ago and i have flown it many hours since ..

sadly i cannt tell you for sure that the problem you have is the same as mine . if it was in front of me im sure i could diagnose the problem with your heli within a short time..

im afraid i didnt understand your comments about the blades. make sure obviously both blades are balanced ( even if they are carbon blades still double check ) make sure the blades are the same tightness, ( my blades are fairly tight but not over stiff.. i would also check if the paddles are balanced on the heli( dont take them off but ballance them on the rotor head ).

also perhaps keep an eye on the engine. you might get some vibrations from the clutch and also make sure your engine isnt running week or to rich as sometimes in exstrem cases this can cause vibration but i doubt it would cause such a violent shaking that you are having on your heli..

what blades are you flying with ????