RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q-Tee Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Q-Tee Build Thread

Well, I flew my 2nd plane in ten years today - *gasp* it wasn't 1/2A (an Ultra Sport 60 that's been sitting in my basement for a decade 95% finished). It flew beautifully, but the Q-Tee was still more fun, even on three channels. The Q-Tee gets more attention too - everybody watches me twist it around (been nicknamed the 'Lightning Bug' buy the fellers). I've already lost count of how many times someone has come up to me after a flight and is astonished it has no ailerons, and the older guys like the trip down memory lane. That Wasp is absolutely humming now...it's drastically overpowered - enough to warp the tailfeathers The outside loops and inverted passes always draw comments - the thing will snap roll like nobody's bidness. It's a blast if I can get it in the wind right and do a vertical axial roll - can nearly get it in line sometimes. We had a fly-in at the club today..the first time it's really been flown in a crowd. Turns out it'll keep right up with most of the big boys, and it'll outrun several of them. I shudder to think what it'd do with a Norvel on it.

I've got a Shrike kit coming with my latest batch of Tower goodies - I think this Wasp will go on it now that it's nicely broken-in. I can already tell my Q-Tee is going to be my all-around sport and backup plane - it'll be responsible for breaking in 1/2A's too. It flies like it was designed to at less than half throttle on the Wasp - gonna be my workhorse, I think.