RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air this weekend. Anyone to balme??
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mid-air this weekend. Anyone to balme??

He could very well have just pulled level from a dive or been doing aileron rolls I don’t know. He could have changed his course to avoid me or not. I can’t say, so I won’t. I routinely push or pull elevator to avoid other acft. I didn’t do anything yesterday it happened too fast.
It does seem as though there was/is a huge lack of communication between you and P-40 guy and that responsability is shared by both of you. You were the "bigger man" for taking the first step and aproaching him ,in his element, first. If possible get back with him and discuss the events leading to the collision. After reading your second post it apears your not sure what he was doing prior to the crash, just that he was directly above you some time after you pulled into the virtical. If he had just leveled out of a loop then it would be nearly imposible to predict his location. I would have to say it is easier for me as I fly with the same people everyweek and have spent hours BS'ing with them in the pits over the last year and a half so it would be much easier for me to talk with them. It seems to me that you do not have this relationship with your fellow flyers so it would be a very difficult position to be in. For the time being, I will retract my statement that "you have some fault" because you changed your statement that he was flying level accross the feild. I also agree with you that you do not need or require a spotter for this type of flying.