RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hyper ST thread!!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
sirvancealott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hyper ST thread!!

ORIGINAL: Joe RC

ya i'm in the same boat you are. The Mac star .28 is junk. Doesn't run worth a hell under 300 degrees and the temperature of the engine is so unconsistent. Looking at Nova Rossi and wondering why nobody runs o.s. max. Looking in the back of some of my magazines and in the truggy and buggy class o.s. is number one in most race results, just wondering why i don't hear about them on here?
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Mac Star .28, but it sure does feel good to know that its not just me. Even the magazine articles I've read on this Truggy state the engine tends to run hot. Once mine hit 385 degrees. That of course destroyed it. I'd love a Nova Rossi but its too pricey for me. I went with the picco .28 because seems like a better quality engine, and because its also marketed by Ofna I figured it would not be hard to switch into my Hyper ST. O.S. Engines have a good rep, but I couldn't find one in the .28 size. Maybe I did not look hard enough. Anyway, anthing is better than that Crap-Star.