RCU Forums - View Single Post - any really "failsafe" ways to fight interference?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any really "failsafe" ways to fight interference?

heelo all,

i am running into a severe interference issue with my RC18T. here is the deal; i have a propulse t100(RC18T to the layperson) and i am running an MAMBA 8000kv brushless with a 3 cell 11.1v lipo. i am using the stock "propulse" Tx and Rx. which is a 27 mhz FM system.

when the car is near me, and running, it starts to hiccup and spudder(withing, say, 15') and the further i go away from me(and thus the Tx) the better it is. now, when it gets close, if i put the antenna down on the Tx, it is WAY better but still not perfect.

i am sure this is interferance from the Tx to the ESC/Rx, but how can i combat this? the chassis on the car does not allow for much room inbetween the ESC and Rx. is there anything i can "wrap" the Rx in to help prevent this? i am fearful of wrapping the ECS as it gets might hot(all Mamba's do from what i hear) so that's a no go. here is a pics from different angles of the space that i am working with.

oh, and i have made sure all of my wires are twisted, and none of them cross(where possible).