View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 PM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Airtronics 94510 1/4 scale servos

Splais,
I have a couple of these servos just recently sent them into Airtronics and had them converted over to "Z" leads. I had mine in a Yellow Aircraft Cap10b on the rudder and another plane was a 28lb Robbe Cap20. Pretty stout planes for a servo that only puts out 110 in/oz of torgue. Here are the specs :

94510 HD Large Scale Ball Bearing servo

weight - 2.3 oz
Torque - 110 oz @ 4.8 VDC (for 6 volt add 20% = 132 in/oz @ 6Volts )
Transit - .33 for 60 degrees (thats really slow by comparison to say High Tech HS 705 - 60° speed: .26 sec @ 4.8v
- 60° speed: .20 sec @ 6.0v - Torque: 161.00 oz/in @ 4.8v - Torque: 201.00 oz/in @ 6.0v

Motor - Corless
Dead band - 4 micro seconds
Water Proof - Yes
Ball Bearing - Single Ball bearing on the output shaft
Comments - Injected moulded case (dont break one you will never find a replacement )
uses standard size arms.

I broke the mount tabs off one servo case and even Aitronics had no replacements, Ebay may be your best bet. These servos should be able to fly your Pup around the patch but I would refrain from trying to Roll the plane or loop it. I think you need to get some flights under your belt first to see how the plane reacts. I flew a 1/4 fleet biplane on two 94102 standard servos on the wings and two 94102 servos in the tail with one 94510 for the rudder. I could loop and roll and snap no problems. My Airtronics servos were pretty tough and could take a pounding and keep on flying. If you get flutter you will see the whole wing wiggle as the 94510 servo holds its position pretty well. If you have a gear problem you will hear it slip as I think the gear train is nylon and not metal. I know the output gear is nylon as I replaced mine because the bearing was running rough.

Hope all this helps

Good Luck

JDS