RCU Forums - View Single Post - MZ-12 lock out issue
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
patternjockey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MZ-12 lock out issue

Hi Bill

First off thanks for your quick reply to my questions regarding my friend's MZ-12 radio issue.

Perhaps I should have been a little clearer in my explanation of the trouble shooting efforts we made. A functioning 309DPS was installed and the MZ-12 was unable to communicate with it as well hence my belief that the TX was the issue.

The plane is set up with a new Duralite 800 MAH Redundant 7.4 V (2S2P) pack connected to a 5.1 V Duralite Regulator (We checked the battery voltage under load as well as the end voltage out of the regulator (5.12 v) and all was good. We even changed the power supply with another new 800 mah pack and 5.1 regulator that I had in my flight box just to be sure. (Ya... I keep spares of almost everything!)

Anyway the power to the RX was good and ruled out as a potential source of grief (It was subsequently used to power the 309 RX/9C TX that we used to get the plane in the air.)

The RX was mounted on a thick piece of foam with a velcro strap and appeared to me to be well insulated from vibration. This plane is an E powered F3A ship running a Plett 30-10 EVO that produces little vibration compared to YS powered planes I have built & flown previously so I'll rule out vibration as a potential source in this case :-)

Servos are- Rudder: JR8411SA Elevator: Futaba 9650 Aileron: Futaba 9154 on Elevators

Although I was hoping for a quick fix from the "guru's" on line, I believe the RX and TX have now been shipped back to the Futaba service depot for service.

Thanks

Dave