RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
maxvertical

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

Eddie, glad to help at least some. Still love what you're doing with your airplane, looks great! Still flying mine in grey primer which is a bit of a challenge against a cloudy sky. If I was smart I'd paint black primer stripes. Was trying to get into paint by now, but just hasn't happened yet. Love the mods.

John, sounds like you've got a good bead on what you want and you'd probably be happy with either of those engines. To give you inspiration, I'm not a pro builder by any stretch but had a box of wood the first week in Jan, did the first flight May 23rd, and that's with a couple three weeks of down time waiting on gear parts. So while it looks like a real task, it does go pretty quick. Just stick with it and you'll be flying before you know it. It's the finest flying R/C model I've ever flown as far as smooth, stable, solid and just fun to fly. With the 70 it does go if you push the throttle up, so I couldn't be happier. I know you'll feel the same when the time comes.

Chris

Almost forgot John. Have one of the shorter bed Ford F150's and mine won't go in straight. I put mine in at an angle and it just fits. Have a shell on, so put the wing on the shelf of the shell and it rides fine. But then I have those goofy wing tips that prevent it from sliding around too much. Guess you'll just have to experiment a bit.